Since re-opening, Dental Specialties has implemented a variety of patient safety protocols. Sticking with us through the COVID crisis truly means everything to us. Dental Specialties Northwest
re-opening on June 2, 2020. While it’s not exactly business as usual, our mission hasn’t changed—we’re here for your smile!
Both our clinic and the Columbia Center have implemented some new procedures for your visit, which we want you to be aware of. We’re convinced that our office is extremely safe, and your cooperation will help keep it that way. When we say we’re here for your smile, you can know it’s a commitment to both the expert care you will receive and a promise to make sure you’re safe.
- If you feel ill, please let us know as soon as possible, and we will reschedule your appointment.
Dental Specialties Northwest has always employed the highest standards of disinfection. We’ve now added custom air filtration and whole-room disinfectants. We’re also taking care to keep you socially distanced, limiting your chances of encountering people not associated with your visit.
When you arrive in the Columbia Center, please check in with the security guard desk first and then call us at (206) 682-8200 to alert us of your arrival. A member of our staff will come down to the building’s lobby to greet you and take you up to our office.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment.
- Please come alone. During this time, only patients and staff are allowed in the clinic.
- The building is requiring that you wear a mask or face covering when you enter.
Columbia Center Security personnel have posted instructions for being in the building. One of those is limiting the number of people allowed in the elevator. Be sure to follow their procedures.
Our staff will be following extra screening and protective procedures to ensure your safety. We’re covering most of the cost of these new safety measures but are adding a $15 surcharge to each visit. You’ll be safe in our office.
- Once in our office, we will take your temperature with a no-touch thermometer and then take you directly to your disinfected treatment room.
We’re so confident that these measures will ensure a safe and comfortable environment, that we’re here too! We’re glad to be back—thank you for coming back also. We’re here for your smile!
- We will be self-monitoring the temperatures of staff members at least twice daily.
- Everyone on the staff will be using masks, lab coats, and wear gowns during patient treatments.
- We have taken measures to reduce the aerosols during treatment.
- Our high standards of disinfection have been extended beyond our treatment rooms to the rest of our facility.